Welcome

I grew up around a family absolutely in love with food and everything related to it. The atmosphere that it creates, the appreciation for food, the family bonding, the creation of food, the memories it engraves in all of our hearts.

This blog is about sweet indulgence of life!

In this blog you will find reviews... mainly photo reviews of places and restaurants that I`ve stumbled upon and have come to love.

About my postings: Until I am up to date ... my postings will not be chronological and please note do not assume I had all the food in one sitting.. though at times it will be, as I return to each place of interest I will add pictures as well.

I hope you enjoy my findings and eventually try them too!



Monday, April 15, 2013

La Maquette Restaurant

Location:111 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1G6
Website: http://www.lamaquette.com/
________________________________________________________________
What I loved:
1. Foie Gras dish was a new twist for me and it was delicious!
2. Smoked Salmon & Lobster Salad - was such an interesting dish and presentation, so simple yet so good, an easy dish I will definitely replicate for my dinner parties

What could be better:
1.  Deconstructive Tiramisu - sounded better than it tasted, the crumble was a little disappointing I thought they would have had soaked lady fingers or possibly soaked sponge cake.
2. Latte Tartuffo - was good but way too pricey for what you get for ...it may very well beat my expensive marble slab creations and half the portion too!

Interesting Bit:

1. Part of Winterlicious Toronto
2. Voted "Most Romantic Spot" by Dine Toronto and "Voted Best Ambiance" by Where Toronto Magazine

 La Maquette French Kiss ($12.00)
 Smoked Salmon & Lobster Salad ($24.00)
 Foie Gras ($26.00)
 8oz Striploin ($34.00)
 Rack of Lamb ($40.00)
 Latte Tartuffo ($12.00)
Deconstructive Tiramisu ($12.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment